Thursday, February 12, 2009

Container Gardening with Roses

I live in a lovely 1920s, renovated house with four separate apartment units with, including mine. It's been home for about a year now, and I want to fill my roomy terrace with lots of plants. Container gardening is the way to go, I think. I want to create a quiet, beautiful oasis where I can escape with a good book whenever I want.

I just found out that I can even grow my favorite flowers in containers – climbing roses! I love roses so much - receiving them as gifts and displaying them throughout my home. I plan to use Banksia roses; they do well in warm climates. I plant to plant my roses in two oversized urns I found at an estate sale and train them to climb up and over the double French doors. I'll probably mix in some ivy for greenery to help them really stand out. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment